ABOUT THE COURSE
Do you want to pursue a career within the health and social care sector?
This course has been developed for students who want to develop and apply their skills, knowledge and understanding in health, social care and childcare.
This qualification isn’t about teaching you how to care for babies or the elderly and the ill however; it will provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding that will allow you to progress onto higher education or employment within this sector.
You can choose to study Double Health and Social Care (equivalent to two A Levels) or Single Health and Social care (equivalent to one A Level) alongside other subject/s to create a full study programme.
– Everybody will study the following mandatory units:
– Building positive relationships in health and social care
– Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
– Health, safety and security in health and social care
– Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
– Infection control (Doubles only)
– Safeguarding (Doubles only)
– Personalisation and person-centred approach to care (Doubles only)
– The impact of long-term physiological conditions
WHAT WE ADD
You will have the opportunity to take part in work experience to gain experience within care and early-years settings, and meet professional care workers. You will gain a valuable insight into everyday happenings in care contexts. You will also develop the confidence to organise/run peer-assessed health awareness programmes.
HOW CAN I STANDOUT WITH HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE?
Students can progress onto careers in the health service, early years settings and social sectors. You could also continue to higher education in areas such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, youth work, nursing and much more.
– Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
– Minimum grade 4 in GCSE English Language