About the course…
Do you have an enquiring mind and like solving problems? Do you want to develop your understanding and knowledge of the world around you? If so, Science and Engineering is an ideal subject for you.
We offer a bespoke course that will give you the opportunity to investigate the engineering industry, alongside studying a Maths and Science A Level.
The course is made up of five to seven units and takes you through the topics at a professional industry level. These include:
- Engineering maintenance principles
- Engineering health and safety
- Further engineering science
- Computer aided design
- Engineering maths
- Electrical and electronic principles and mechanical principles
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from being taught by industry professionals within our regional leading training facilities and have access to our new state-of-the-art Energy Skills Centre and resources.
- You will learn how to manage your time effectively and work as a team, improving your confidence and adaptability. As a class, we will discuss and keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, such as Space X and renewable technologies.
- You will be visited by guest speakers within the engineering industry, take part in enrichment activities and go on trips to different engineering facilities.
Where Science and Engineering can take you…
Science and Engineering students are very valuable in industry and this course will equip you to progress into various streams of engineering, such as renewables, the energy industry (offshore and onshore), operations and maintenance, technical design, chemical process engineering, HNC, HND and various engineering degree programmes (BEng (Hons). In addition, this course provides excellent apprenticeship opportunities within these
- You will need an average GCSE score of at least 5.5
- As a minimum, we would require you to study at least A Level Maths alongside the Engineering course, but preferably A Level Maths as well as A Level Physics or Chemistry