This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma ▲▲▲
About the course…
Are you interested in human biology or medical science?
If so, this is the course for you. You will cover general science, as well as specialised units in human physiology, disease and infection, microbiology, control of human regulation and reproduction, genetics and biomedical science techniques and tests.
Practical work is included wherever possible to help your learning alongside the theory. Biomedical science has proven time and again that when the resources are provided, great progress in the treatment, cure and prevention of disease can occur.
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from excellent facilities, including high specification laboratories with access to a wide range of the latest medical study materials.
- Each year, our students are involved in the James Paget University Hospital Senior Healthcare Academy on day release. This is something which looks fantastic on a CV or university application and provides plenty of hands-on experience.
- There are many opportunities to hear from guest speakers within the medical spectrum, as well as trips to hospitals and laboratories.
Where Biomedical Science can take you…
Our students have progressed to university to study nursing (adult, child, mental health and learning disability), physiotherapy, paramedic science, midwifery, medicine, occupational health, speech and language therapy, radiotherapy and pharmaceutical science.
Outside of health care, students have also gone on to study biomedical science, anatomy, biology, ecology and conservation, marine biology, veterinary nursing, psychology, biochemistry and social work.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study
- Four subjects at Grade 4 or above
- Grade 4:4 in science is preferable, but not essential