This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – equivalent to three A Levels
About the course…
Are you interested in human biology or medical science? If so, this is the course for you.
You will cover general science, as well as specialised units in human physiology, disease and infection, microbiology, control of human regulation and reproduction, genetics and biomedical science techniques and tests. Practical work is included wherever possible to encourage you to develop your thinking skills, helping you to apply your knowledge to real life applications.
Biomedical Science has proven time and time again, that when the resources are provided, great progress in treatment, cure and prevention of disease can occur.
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from excellent facilities, including high specification laboratories with access to a wide range of the latest medical study materials.
- Each year, our students are involved in the James Paget University Hospital Senior Healthcare Academy on day release. This is something which looks fantastic on a CV or university application and provides plenty of hands-on experience.
- There are multiple opportunities to hear from guest speakers within the medical spectrum, along with trips to hospitals and laboratories. Previous students have participated in Medical Maverick’s Medicfest and attended a live simulated
Where Biomedical Science can take you…
Our students have progressed to university to study nursing (adult, child, mental health and learning disability), physiotherapy, paramedic science, midwifery, medicine, occupational health, speech and language therapy, radiotherapy and pharmaceutical science.
Others have taken up apprenticeships at GP surgeries, dental clinics, veterinary surgeries and local hospitals, including the James Paget and Norfolk and Norwich.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for BTEC courses
- Four subjects at Grade 4 or above
- Grade 4:4 in science is preferable, but not essential