This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
About the course…
This course takes you behind the scenes to learn more about a diverse range of business organisations. You will explore how they operate and investigate why some are much more successful than others.
The course will develop your understanding of the business world and provide you with an appreciation of different career options, including roles within digital technologies, finance, tourism, the energy industries and many more.
Studying BTEC Business will help you to identify and develop the transferable skills that businesses and universities are looking for, from research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to digital literacy, intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
Why study with us…
- You will be given the opportunity to complete work experience with a range of local businesses in an area that interests you. Students on the Extended Diploma course are encouraged to complete a work experience module, which includes 40 hours of work experience.
- We invite guest speakers to share their experiences so you get the chance to ask questions directly and find out more about different businesses and job roles.
- You will gain a range of transferable skills, including those required to help launch a business of your own.
Where Business can take you…
A BTEC in Business will provide you with a great foundation from which you can progress to higher education, an apprenticeship or employment.
Career prospects include a diverse range of roles in a wide variety of business sectors, from becoming a business analyst for an insurance company, to managing a restaurant or a retail outlet.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study
- You are most likely to succeed on this course if you have achieved a minimum of grade 4 in GCSE English Language and Maths