This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
About the course…
Esports is a rapidly growing industry, with a year-on-year increase in viewership and jobs created in the sector since 2016. The increased popularity of Esports globally is creating a range of jobs in coaching and management, content creation, media and marketing, performance and data analysis.
You will study a range of exciting topics, including games design, video production, live-streamed broadcasting, psychology for Esports performance, nutrition for Esports performance, shoutcasting, strategies, analysis and producing an Esports brand.
We will help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to join this continuously growing industry.
Why study with us…
- You will be taught in professional computer suites with the latest software and technology to support your learning.
- We offer trips to domestic Esports events and enrichment activities to develop your skills as a coach and performer.
- Esports also helps you develop a range of transferable skills, such as teamwork, improved social skills, strategic thinking and planning, managing success and failure, time management, self-confidence and patience and perseverance.
Where Esports can take you…
The primary focus of this course is to help you progress into employment. Career opportunities include esports player, team coach, events organiser, data analyst, video editor, social media influencer, shoutcaster and presenter, production manager, referee and esports agent.
It can also lead to employment in other industries such as business, marketing, computer science, media production and events management.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study