This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
About the course…
Do you know how to resolve a dispute with your neighbour or what you would have to do to take an employer to court for negligence?
This BTEC qualification is designed to provide a highly specialist, work-centred qualification in Law. It will give you the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to prepare for employment.
You will study a range of interesting topics, including unlawful homicides and police powers, family law, employment law, consumer law, property offences, dispute solving in the legal system, understanding law making, legal liability, aspects of the law of tort and more.
Why study with us…
- You will have the opportunity to visit both Magistrates’ and Crown Courts to observe real cases as they are tried.
- You will be able to participate in the annual National Bar Mock Trial to develop your advocacy skills against schools and colleges throughout the region.
- The transferable skills you develop on this course will benefit you greatly as you progress to higher education and employment. You will gain the ability to write concisely, improve your attention to detail, grow confident in your persuasive communication skills and be able to research using a range of sources.
Where Law can take you…
After completing this course, you can progress to university to study degrees such as law, criminology, psychology and business. Alternatively, apprenticeships within the legal profession are now becoming more popular.
Career opportunities include arbitrator, barrister, barrister’s clerk, civil service administrator, conveyancer, legal secretary, paralegal, patent attorney, police officer, probate practitioner, probation officer and solicitor.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study