This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
About the course…
Do you have a passion for music?
This course covers a wide range of skills and knowledge, including work on songwriting, composition, performance, studio production and the music industry.
You will develop as an all-round musician, performing at gigs, showcases and college events, as well as working on group projects to write, perform, record and release your own EP or album. You will also organise your own gig as part of an event management project.
In addition, you will gain an understanding of music theory through practical application, which will underpin all of your creative work on the course.
Why study with us…
- There are many opportunities to perform to an audience, either solo or as part of a group, with our live shows throughout the year.
- We offer a fantastic purpose-built recording studio with the latest recording software, mixing desk,
industry-standard microphones and fully soundproofed recording rooms.
- Our industry links have allowed us to be involved in fantastic projects with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Aldeburgh Music, the Marina Theatre, the Broads Authority and others, giving our students a priceless insight into working within industry settings.
Where Music can take you…
After your time with us, you could progress to university or a specialist college for music and other arts to study music, music technology, songwriting/composition, musical theatre, performance, event management or music business.
This qualification will also open doors to a range of careers, including roles such as a session musician, songwriter, composer, producer, studio engineer, sound recordist for TV and film, foley artist, arranger, teacher, music therapist, event manager, record label A&R (talent scout), music promoter/marketer and music publisher.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study
- Auditions will take place in June or July; you will receive details once you have attended your initial college interview