This course is available as:
- CTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
- CTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
About the course…
Are you interested in creating your own productions, including television adverts and short films? If so, Digital Media is the perfect course for you!
On this exciting course, you will create both audio and visual material, while learning all the areas of pre-production that goes into it. By the end of the first year, you will have completed a variety of projects including a TV advert and a short film, and developed an understanding of basic terms within the industry.
In the second year, you will be looking more in depth at specific areas of the media, such as documentaries and scriptwriting. You will also be delving deeper into the types of careers available to you within the media industry itself.
Why study with us…
• You will have access to a newly updated computer suite, complete with applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign and more to help you produce and create your work.
• You will also have access to a wide range of cameras and brand new equipment that will allow you to produce your work to a high standard.
• You will develop skills that are useful in the wider creative arts industries. These skills include team work and collaboration, project management, flexibility and the willingness to adapt.
Where Digital Media can take you…
After your time with us, you can progress onto a degree in a media-related subject, such as film production, writing and film, drama and film, media studies, film studies and more.
You also will have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to build a career in the film, television and media industries. There are hundreds of different positions available, including roles such as a producer, screenwriter, director, cinematographer, camera operator, editor – or even working as a freelancer!
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study