Atkins, one of the world’s largest architectural firms with design studios across the globe, designed Lowestoft Sixth Form College. Our architect Richard Christmas has created a dynamic, innovative place to learn. The atrium space with suspended break out Pods, creates a dramatic, central meeting area with access to all four floors. The atrium has full WIFI coverage and has seen some exciting College productions in its vast space. The Pods provide alternative venues for students to learn individually or collaboratively in an inspiring setting.
- State-of-the-art science laboratories
- Music recording studio, soundproofed rehearsal rooms and music technology editing suite
- Contemporary theatre and specialist dance and drama studios
- Specialist art/design and photography studios
- Teaching classrooms all equipped with the latest technology
- Partnership with Waterlane Leisure Centre, giving free access to students to all the centre’s facilities: 25 metre heated swimming pool and fitness suite (allocated times), with the six badminton court sports hall, and other facilities used in sports lessons and for clubs. View the facilities at: http://www.waterlaneleisure.co.uk
- Our Barnards Centre Point venue provides state- of-the-art teaching and changing facilities alongside a superb 3G football pitch
- Welcoming cafe with WIFI access.
Technology is at the heart of Lowestoft Sixth Form College. We have invested over £1.3 million in the infrastructure and latest equipment. You will experience a high speed internet connection, wireless networking and 24 hour access including the use of College software from home. We welcome you using your own devices at College. We offer many ways for you to use IT: in lessons with laptops and notebooks, in the Learning Resource Centre, in the Pods, in one of our three Mac suites or in our vast open access IT Centre.