Are you aged between 16 and 25, looking after someone who can’t manage without your help, and want to start college?
As a young carer, you will be dealing with different challenges compared to other students your age. You may be struggling with the balance of caring for someone and trying to continue or get back into education. We know this, and we are here to make that life-changing start to college possible for you.
East Coast College provides Financial, Pastoral and Academic support to YACs at the college:
- Independent study (when absence is agreed in advance)
- College bursary
- Mentor referral
- Extensions on assignments
- Laptop loans
- Free sanitary products
- Free condoms
- We also have links with external agencies
- Access to free toiletries
- Referrals for local foodbanks
- Specialist careers and wellbeing team to offer support
- We also offer college tours for prospective young adult carer students. Please call to arrange.
For more information please contact our Young Carers Champion – Lyndsey Willgress.
Find her in the Student Services area or email firstname.lastname@example.org