In order to study an A Level programme, you will need to have achieved:
- At least 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 in one sitting.
- An average GCSE score of 5 is preferred but not essential.
- GCSE English at grade 4 (Language preferred)
- Meet any subject-specific criteria
To follow a Science A Level Programme, one that includes any two of these courses: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, you will need at least an average GCSE score of 5.5 plus a minimum GCSE grade 6 in Maths and a 6 in Science (Core) and 6 in Additional Science (or 6 in GCSE Biology/ Chemistry/Physics.
Click here for more information about A Level courses and guidance on choosing your course.
To study a BTEC Extended Diploma, Diploma or Subsidiary Diploma you will need to have achieved:
• Four GCSEs at grades 9 to 4, or a Merit in a full Level 2 BTEC Diploma
• If you want to add an A Level with your BTEC, you will need to meet the entry criteria for A Levels
Click here for more information about BTEC courses and guidance on choosing your course.
Didn’t quite get the results you were hoping for? We offer the following GCSE courses for students who just missed out on gaining a grade 4:
Students studying these courses will be mainly on BTEC Level 2 courses.
On successful completion you could progress to Level 3 courses or go on to employment or an apprenticeship.
The BTEC Level 2 courses we offer are:
• Business and IT
• Creative Digital Media Production
• Science and Health
To study a BTEC Level 2 Foundation Pathway course, you will need to have achieved:
• Four GCSEs at grade 3, or BTEC Merit equivalent including a grade 3 in GCSE English
Click here for more information about our Level 2 courses.