Applying to Lowestoft Sixth Form College is easy.
It’s all done online so there’s no need to worry about how to get hold of an application form, or having to post it back to us! Just visit our website www.l6fc.org.
Once you have completed your online application form, it is automatically forwarded to our Admissions Department who will arrange an appointment for you to discuss your application. The meeting is a relaxed, informal discussion about your goals and aspirations, your course choices and, more generally, your future. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and discuss anything related to your college application that you are unsure about.
Tips for completing your Application Form
- Allow about 20 minutes completing your Application Form. Note: You will be asked to register and have a password so you are able to save a part completed Application and return to it later if you do not have time in one sitting.
- Make sure you have all the information you need with you before you begin (see below).
Before you begin
- Decide which courses you wish to apply for. You can find out about our courses by visiting our website; from our Prospectus (order a copy online) or by coming along to our stand at your schools Progression/Careers events or to our Open Events.
- Make sure you have all your personal details handy. You will need to provide us with your Address (including Postcode); Home telephone number; Mobile number; Email address; your Parent /Guardian’s Address (including Postcode) and telephone number.
- Check you have details with you about the subjects you are taking at your current school. You will need to know the name of the subject, whether it is a GCSE / BTEC /OCR qualification and your expected grade. Your last school report should give you this information. If you have already taken a particular exam and know the result you have the option to show that the grade is Actual rather than Expected.
- Personal Statement. You will be asked to provide a personal statement to support your application. You choose what you wish to include in this section. We would love to hear a little about your interests and hobbies, your aspirations and career aims, but equally it’s fine to say you are unsure of what you want to do. You may like to tell us why you would like to study with us, what you are looking forward to most or why you have chosen the subjects you are applying for. You decide what you would like to share with us.
Time Saving Hint
Prepare your personal statement in advance. Either by writing down what you would like to say, so you can just copy it into the online form or by typing it into a Word document which you can cut and paste into the online form.