About the course…
Are you looking to explore your creativity? Do you have a passion for art?
A Level Art and Design is a diverse, creative subject that has transferable skills with other creative arts-based courses, such as Graphics and Photography.
As an artist, you will have the chance to work using a vast range of media and materials, covering many creative disciplines, including:
- Digital manipulation
- Mark making
- 3D construction
In previous years, students have been given multiple opportunities to enter competitions, have been selected to have their work shown at local universities and in preparation for their next steps, have visited arts universities.
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from being taught by professional tutors in a purpose-built art department, complete with a photographic studio, Mac suite, Nikon SLR cameras and Adobe editing software.
- We offer the exciting opportunity of an overseas residential trip. Previous destinations include Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris and Prague.
- Your course will end with an exhibition, which looks fantastic on your CV and gives you the opportunity to celebrate all the brilliant images you have created along with your classmates.
Where Art and Design can take you…
Art and Design is an excellent course if you want to study a degree in subjects such as fine art, games design, concept art, prop making, theatre design, architecture, graphic design, illustration, 3D design, fashion and textiles, photography and marketing.
The skills you gain will also prepare you for a range of creative careers, including architecture, printmaking, graphic design, illustration, interior design, photography, tattoo artistry, ceramics, website design, sculpting and even working as a self-employed artist.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- Grade 5 in GCSE Art, Photography, Textiles, Graphics or BTEC equivalent (or a successful portfolio at enrolment)
- You will be required to present an art portfolio at enrolment