About the course…
A Level Art and Design is a diverse, creative subject that has transferable skills with other creative arts-based courses, such as Graphics, Photography, Media Studies and Digital Games Production.
As an artist, you will have the chance to work using a wide range of media and materials, covering many creative disciplines including drawing, painting, printmaking, digital drawing, image manipulation, mark making, collage, 3D construction and photography.
In previous years, students have had the opportunity to enter competitions, been selected to display their work at local universities and in preparation for their next steps, have visited arts universities.
Why study with us…
- You will be taught by professional tutors in a purpose-built art department, complete with a photographic studio, Mac suite, Nikon DSLR cameras and access to the Adobe Creative Cloud editing suite.
- We offer exciting trips to national art galleries, with previous trips including to the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour and UCAS Create Your Future event. In addition, we run a programme of visiting artists and arts organisations, giving students connections and real world contacts in the arts.
- Your course will end with an exhibition, which looks fantastic on your CV and gives you the opportunity to celebrate all the brilliant work you have created along with your classmates.
Where Art and Design can take you…
Art and Design is an excellent course if you want to study a degree in subjects such as fine art, games design, concept art, prop making, theatre design, architecture, graphic design, illustration, 3D design, fashion and textiles, photography and marketing.
The skills you gain will prepare you for a range of creative careers, including architecture, printmaking, graphic design, illustration, interior design, photography, tattoo artistry, ceramics, website design, and even working as a self-employed artist.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- At least four GCSEs and one GCSE in an Art related subject and a successful portfolio
- You will be required to present an art portfolio at enrolment