About The Course
Have you ever wondered why your sibling looks like you? How medicines work? Why DNA is so important? Do clones exist?
A Level Biology will give you an exciting insight into the contemporary world of biology. It covers the key concepts of biology and practical skills are integrated throughout the course. You will learn to apply your knowledge, investigate and solve problems in a range of contexts.
- Cell structure/biological molecules
- Enzymes/biodiversity – classification and evolution
- Ecosystems/cloning and biotechnology
- Populations and sustainability
What We Add
You will work in the laboratories at college, benefitting from the most up-to-date technology and equipment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to go on field trips, attend university workshops and hear from guest speakers about current biological issues.
How Can I Standout With Biology?
A Level Biology is an excellent base for a healthcare-related university degree, such as medicine, veterinary or dentistry courses, as well as the biological sciences, such as biochemistry, marine biology or environmental science.
Career opportunities include areas such as: biological research, forensics, sports and science communication, and the medical field.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- You will need a minimum grade 6 in Science (core) and a 6 in Additional Science or GCSE Biology
- If you wish to study two or more A Level Science or Maths courses, you will need to meet the entry criteria for a Science A Level programme too