About the course…
Have you ever wondered why your siblings look like you? How medicines work? Why DNA is so important? Do clones exist?
A Level Biology will give you an exciting insight into the contemporary world of biology. You will learn how to apply your knowledge, investigate and solve problems in a range of contexts.
The course covers a variety of engaging topics, including:
- Cloning and biotechnology
- Exchange and transport in animals and plants
- Cell structure
- Populations and sustainability
- The neuronal system
- Foundations in biology
Why study with us…
- You will work in spacious, modern laboratories, benefiting from the most up-to-date technology and equipment.
- You will have the opportunity to complete environmental field work at Carlton Marshes.
- You will hear from guests speakers about current biological issues and attend university workshops.
Where Biology can take you…
A Level Biology is an excellent base for a healthcare-related university degree, such as medicine, veterinary and dentistry courses, as well as the biological sciences; biochemistry, marine biology and environmental science.
Career routes include medicine, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, radiology, veterinary studies, medical research, nutrition and dietetics, pharmacology, drug research, environmental surveying, plant pathology and many more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- You will need a minimum grade 6 in Science (core) and a 6 in Additional Science or GCSE Biology
- If you wish to study two or more A Level Science or Maths courses, you will need to meet the entry criteria for a Science A Level programme too