About the course…
Have you ever wondered how you can help prevent climate change? Can you charge a mobile phone with a lemon? Why does wine turn to vinegar? Can you find a cure for the common cold?
A Level Chemistry will give you an exciting insight into the modern world of chemistry, with practical skills integrated throughout the course. You will learn how chemistry affects you and the impact it has on industry, which will equip you with the skills to investigate and solve problems in a range of contexts.
You will study topics such as PH and transition metals, periodicity and enthalpy changes, bonding and electronic configuration and NMR and infrared spectroscopy.
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from being taught in professional laboratories in a state-of-the-art chemistry department.
- You will have the opportunity to attend seminars and hear from experts in the industry – including talks from engineers at Rolls Royce.
- Chemistry gives you many transferable skills, including analysis and problem solving, time management and organisation, research and presentation, teamwork and written communication.
Where Chemistry can take you…
A Level Chemistry is the perfect course if you are looking to study a degree in subjects such as medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, chemistry, biochemistry or pharmaceuticals.
Chemistry will also lead to a range of careers in fields such as nursing, biochemistry, medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, chemical engineering, forensic science, toxicology and more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- You will need a minimum grade 6 in Maths and a 6 in Science (core) and a 6 in Additional Science or GCSE Chemistry
- If you wish to study two or more A Level Science or Maths courses, you will need to meet the entry criteria for a Science A Level programme too