About the course…
Do you enjoy both Maths and the Social Sciences? Do you like problem-solving, intelligent thinking and analysing numbers? If so, A Level Economics is the subject for you!
Economics is an exciting and newsworthy subject, which examines issues that make daily news headlines. The subject seeks to solve how we divide up our scarce resources to meet our unlimited wants and how those decisions affect us all.
You will develop an understanding of economics ideas and assumptions through a critical examination of present-day economic issues, problems and institutions that affect your daily life.
Why study with us…
- We offer trips to London to visit the Bank of England, the Financial District, the Houses of Parliament and Wembley Stadium. You will also visit top UK
- You will hear from a range of guest speakers, including from the Bank of England, financial and business experts, economists, entrepreneurs, business journalists, investment analysts, university lecturers and more.
- The course involves a variety of interesting modules such as critical thinking, data analysis, problem solving, numeracy, cultural awareness and more.
Where Economics can take you…
Economics develops analytical thinking, alongside a good understanding of current affairs and how society functions, preparing you for employment or an apprenticeship in a range of sectors. These can include banking, insurance, finance and accounting, retail, manufacturing and operations, law and management trainee programmes.
You can also progress to university to study subjects such as economics, maths, business, accounting and finance, politics, law and more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- You will need a minimum grade 5 in GCSE Maths