About the course…
Graphic designers create visual branding, adverts, brochures, magazines, website designs, product packaging, illustrations, animations and displays. Graphics is a fantastic creative subject that has transferable skills with other creative arts-based courses, such as Art and Design, Media and Photography.
You will explore and produce practical and critical/contextual work in multiple design-based disciplines including image editing, digital manipulation, layout, illustration, hand-drawn typography, printing, mark making, collage and construction, painting, drawing and photography.
Graphics is a highly academic subject, but can also be a very rewarding and creative outlet.
Why study with us…
- You will be taught by professional tutors in a purpose-built art department, complete with a photographic studio, Mac suite, Nikon DSLR cameras and access to the Adobe Creative Cloud editing suite.
- We offer students on the course trips to visit events and locations such as Norwich Print Fair, national art galleries, Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour and UCAS Create Your Future.
- Your course will end with an exhibition which looks fantastic on a CV and gives you the opportunity to celebrate with your peers all the brilliant images you have created.
Where Graphics can take you…
Graphics is an excellent course if you want to go on to study fine art, graphic design, illustration, 3D design, fashion and textiles, photography, marketing and fashion design and merchandising.
You can develop a career as an animator, art director, concept artist, creative director, freelance graphic designer, illustrator, interior and spacial designer, marketing specialist, production artist, product developer or user interface designer.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for A Level study
- Grade 5 in GCSE Art, Photography, Textiles, Graphics or BTEC equivalent (or a successful portfolio at enrolment)
- You will be required to present an art portfolio at enrolment