This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate – equivalent to one A Level
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – equivalent to three A Levels
About the course…
Digital Games Production will give you the academic knowledge needed to break into the games industry and serves as a university preferred route towards computer games design/development degrees.
You will study a range of exciting topics including 3D modelling, 3D animation, 3D environments, 2D animation, games testing, digital media skills and more!
You will develop skills in a wide range of software, including 3D modelling software Blender, Photoshop and 2D/3D game engines Unreal Engine/Unity and Game Maker Studio 2.
Why study with us…
- You will have access to high-specification computing classrooms, equipped with a range of devices and software to assist your learning.
- There are multiple opportunities to take part in competitions, such as BAFTA YGD and wider events EGX/Game Jams.
- You will benefit from trips and visits, as well as collaborative work with local universities and employers.
Where Digital Games Production can take you…
This course will prepare you for a range of degree and career opportunities. Degrees you can study include games design, production, animation, art, programming and 3D architectural design.
There are also many fantastic opportunities within both the games industry and wider industries, including games development, digital animation, 3D architectural design, graphics design and more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study