This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma ▲▲▲
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
About The Course
Are you interested in helping to solve crime or in finding the answers to questions through scientific means?
If so, BTEC Forensic Science is the subject for you. Forensic science is simply the application of science to the law. This course aims to develop an appreciation of the competencies, skills and knowledge required for university and employment in science-based careers. Assessment is by assignments and exams, including theory and practical.
You will study fascinating topics, such as:
- Forensic evidence and collection including: crime scene analysis, blood spatter, biological fluids, fingerprints, hair, fibres, tool marks, insects, bones, facial reconstruction and wounds
- Forensic fire investigation including: ignition, patterns of fire, the behaviour of fire, point of origin, fire prevention and simulated fire scenes
- Traffic accident analysis including: physics of forces and motion, crash scenes, damage to vehicles, injuries to occupants and pedestrians in an accident and a simulated crash scene
What We Add
You will learn within a vibrant, friendly atmosphere, working as part of a forensic team. You will benefit from excellent facilities, including hi-spec laboratories with access to a wide range of the latest forensic study materials. There will also be opportunities for trips to courts, constabulary headquarters and the local fire station.
How Can I Standout With Forensic Science?
This course can lead directly to careers at technician level. Alternatively, further study at a higher level will lead to jobs in areas such as criminal psychology, criminology, biomedical science, forensic science, paramedic science, the police force or management positions in the forensic science field.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study