This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma ▲▲▲
About the course…
Forensic Science is simply the application of science to the law.
You will cover a wide range of topics so that you are immersed in the world of forensic science and criminal investigations. From the ‘what happened’ of crime scene investigation, to the ‘why do people commit crimes’ in psychology, through to the court proceedings and how we apply laws in the UK.
- Crime scene investigation
- Laboratory analysis of forensic evidence
- Forensic psychology
- Forensic archaeology
- Traffic accident investigation
- Fire investigation
- And more!
You will learn within a vibrant, friendly atmosphere, working as part of a specialist forensic team.
Why study with us…
- You will benefit from excellent facilities, including high-specification laboratories with access to a wide range of the latest forensic study materials.
- We organise interactive and realistic crimes to investigate, where you will follow the case from the crime scene to the court room.
- There will be opportunities for trips to courts, constabulary headquarters and the local fire station.
Where Forensic Science can take you…
After completing the course, you can progress to our Level 4 HNC in Applied Science (Forensics) or go to university to study a degree in forensic science, criminal investigation, professional policing, psychology, criminology or paramedic science.
Further study at a higher level will lead to jobs in areas such as criminal psychology, criminology, biomedical science, forensic science, paramedic science and the police force. Other pathways include laboratory apprenticeships, policing apprenticeships and prison officer training.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study