This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate – equivalent to one A Level
About the course
Our Music Performance course covers a wide range of technical skills and knowledge, including instrumental and vocal techniques for a range of styles, solo and ensemble performance, composition, music theory and professional practice in the music industry.
You will develop confidence and ability as an all-round musician, performing at the sixth form’s many gig nights throughout the year in front of a live audience. You will also have the opportunity to perform in a full-scale musical theatre show. You will deepen your understanding of music theory and also acquire professional development skills for the music industry.
Why study with us…
- An abundance of performance and recording opportunities, facilitated by experienced, passionate and supportive staff.
- We have fantastic purpose-built music facilities, including soundproofed rehearsal rooms, a range of acoustic pianos, a fully-equipped performance venue, recording studio and industry-standard equipment.
- Our industry links have allowed us to be involved in fantastic projects with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Aldeburgh Music, the Marina Theatre, and the Broads Authority, giving our students priceless experiences of working within industry settings.
Where Music Performance can take you…
You can progress to university or a music conservatoire to study various music-related subjects. Students have gone on to study music, music technology, composition, musical theatre, popular music performance, event management and music business.
This qualification will also set you on the path to a range of careers – from creative roles such as a professional musician, composer, arranger, or producer, to roles as diverse as teacher, music therapist, acoustician, event manager, publisher, record label A&R and much more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for BTEC courses and a successful audition
- Auditions will take place in June or July; you will receive details once you have attended your initial college interview