This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate – equivalent to one A Level
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – equivalent to two A Levels
About the course…
This course offers extensive training in contemporary and jazz dance techniques, acting and singing. We also teach you about the industry and the opportunities that are available.
You will take part in five assessed performances over the year in front of an external audience, as well as having the exciting opportunity to audition for a full length musical.
Our teachers are industry professionals who are passionate about the subject and will continually push you to be the best performer you can be. If you are looking for a lively, engaging and creative course, Performing Arts is the perfect choice for you!
Why study with us…
- You will learn in our fully-equipped dance and drama studios. A large performance space and soundproofed music practice booths are also available to you for both rehearsal and performance.
- Following the success of our recent full scale musical ‘Sweeny Todd High School Edition’ we offer weekly, extra-curricular musical theatre and dance classes, which will lead to a full scale musical.
- You will gain industry experience by taking on lead roles, both on stage and behind the scenes, in a variety of assessed and non-assessed performances. You will also take part in guest workshops throughout the year with visiting dance colleges and will have the opportunity to attend our trip to the West End!
Where Performing Arts can take you…
Previous students have progressed to professional training colleges such as Laine Theatre Arts, Bird College, Italia Conti, Masters Performing Arts College, Tiffany Theatre College and Performers College, as well as leading universities for the arts such as the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts and the Guildford School of Acting.
Career opportunities include West End performer, choreographer, company director, teacher, technician, stage manager, theatre blogger, costume designer, set designer, front of house, marketing assistant, presenter and more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for BTEC courses and have completed a successful audition
- Auditions will take place in June or July; you will receive details once you have attended your initial college interview