This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate – equivalent to one A Level
About the course…
Psychology is about people; their biological processes, how their minds work, their behaviours and their experiences.
This course contains a mixture of coursework and exams. You will focus on approaches in psychology, research methods, health psychology and forensic psychology.
If you want to learn the answer to questions such as why do we conform? Is it in our genes? Can you change a person’s behaviour? Why do we do what we do? Then this is the course for you!
Why study with us…
- You will have the opportunity to visit university psychology departments, take part in conferences and workshops, visit psychology events and engage in externally organised student sessions relevant to improving your grade.
- This course will help you develop many transferable skills, including critical thinking, time management, research and analysis.
- Studying Psychology will help you to understand human diversity and personality types. Not only will it broaden your understanding of the people around you, but it will build up your empathy.
Where Psychology can take you…
After completing this course, you will be fully prepared to progress to university where you can study subjects such as counselling, psychology, criminology, sociology, philosophy and more.
Career opportunities include counsellor, psychiatrist, family mediator, play therapist, forensic psychologist, health psychologist, sports psychologist, social worker, market researcher and teacher.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for BTEC courses
- You must also have at least three grade 4’s across GCSE English, Maths and Science