This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
About the course…
Psychology is about people; their biological processes, how their minds work, their behaviours and their experiences.
This BTEC course contains a mixture of coursework and exams. You will focus on approaches in psychology, research methods, health psychology and forensic psychology.
Why study with us…
- You will have the opportunity to visit university psychology departments, take part in conferences and workshops, visit psychology events, and engage in externally organised student sessions relevant to improving your grade.
- This course will help you develop many transferable skills, including critical thinking, time management, research and analysis.
- Studying Psychology will help you to understand human diversity and personality types. Not only will it broaden your understanding of the people around you, but it will build up your empathy.
Where Psychology can take you…
After completing an A Level or BTEC in Psychology, you can progress to university to study subjects such as psychology, counselling, criminology, sociology, philosophy and more.
Career opportunities include counsellor, psychiatrist, family mediator, play therapist, forensic psychologist, health psychologist, sports psychologist, child psychologist, clinical psychologist, military psychologist, neuropsychologist, teacher, social worker, youth worker and market researcher.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study