This course is available as:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate ▲
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma ▲▲
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma ▲▲▲
About the course…
Do you enjoy helping others to improve their health, wellbeing or sporting performance? How do you prepare athletes for competition? Have you ever wondered how people acquire skills and how you should teach them to improve performance?
If you answered yes to these questions, then BTEC Sport is the right course for you. We offer a broad-based course that will give you the opportunity to explore a range of topics
within sport, health and wellbeing, including anatomy, coaching and leadership, fitness training, sports development and practical sports performance.
The emphasis throughout this course will be on developing your theoretical knowledge of sport and health, practical skills in coaching and leading and developing the performance of others.
Why study with us…
- You will have access to our exclusive, on-site gym facilities, as well as free membership to Waterlane Leisure Centre.
- You can take additional qualifications alongside your course, such as Level 3 Sports Leadership.
- We have our very own sports podcast, which you will be able to get involved with.
Where Sport can take you…
Many of our students go on to further study at university, undertaking a wide range of courses including physical education, sports coaching, strength and conditioning, sports development, physiotherapy, sports therapy and paramedic science.
There are also many careers available within the sports industry. Roles include exercise physiologist, nutritionist, personal trainer, physiotherapist, sports coach, strength and conditioning coach, sports development officer, sports therapist, teacher and more.
- Must meet overall entry criteria for vocational Level 3 study